PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2017, 09:26
BusAirDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"superflanker"

"it sounds like you are not happy flying."

I am slightly confused and bemused by your comment. Where have I said I am not happy flying?

40.000 Euros, do you include hour building in that price? There is cheap, and there is cheap, if you can get PPL / CPL / ME / IR / ATPL theory / MCC and 250 hours TT for 40.000 Euros, than good luck on you. I assume you have not included that you also need to live during this period of training without much income. So I guess you need to add 18 - 24 months living cost on top of that figure - and hour building??

Not sure what FTO offers you 40.000 Euros for such a package giving you 250 hours, but than again there are some FTO's with better reputation than others, and who trains candidates to different level of standards. (again this is slightly of topic)

You are missing the point, getting a job does not mean you are successful, if you can't afford to main your commitment to your family / children.
As some people said here before, money is not everything, however I would equally say flying is not everything either, if it means the rest of your life falls apart.

Being 25 "Superflanker", with all respect, unless you have wife, children, mortgage, you are speaking out of your base of knowledge on this.
As I said you are 25, this advice does NOT apply for you, at 25 you have many options and the airlines will give you an interview.

Over 40, it's difficult to even get an interview if you have NO experience, this is based on personal experience. Why would you as 25 even worry about the "To Old" part, it does not apply for your situation.

However PPL / CPL / ME / IR / ATPL theory / MCC and 250 hours TT for 40.000 Euros, I am not so sure about that. Many people who calculate the modular, forget about the hour building, that is not free.

Last edited by BusAirDriver; 1st Sep 2017 at 10:09.