PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF NCA or remain a civi ?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2003, 08:09
I was Lucky_B*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'll pleased to know that one of the benefits of replacing all the airman Aircrew trades with one NCA trade in which we are all WSOps, is to allow NCA that get bored in one trade group to swap to another, so and AEOp could become an ALM and vice versa!

This will be achieved by making as much of our basic training as common as possible and once this phase is complete you can choose which branch to go for! However this will also depend on which areas you are paticularly good at, and also, god forbid, which branch may be drastically short, and needs people to fill it.

So although you may join wanting to be an ALM, you may actually end up being something else!!

On the commissioning side you will already be too late! WSOps can only go for WSOs up to age 31, after that, tough!

I won't bore you with any of the other problems to be encountered, but I haven't noticed if you're married. It's a singly game as the biggest downfall for whichever branch you end up in is the messing around of family life!