PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2017, 02:39
BusAirDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"button push ignored"

Yes it's like banging your head into a wall.

Just because they don't get the answers they like, want or seek, they believe you are bitter.

The fact is that many of us have been down that long road, and if you coming on to these forums asking questions, than that means you are not sure what you should do, and trying to seek advice from people who have tried this, and have similar experience.

Unless you been down this route, you don't really know what you are talking about, as you so elegantly admitted "jamesgrainge" with your quote "I will readily admit I know very little of the world of job hunting in commercial aviation"

Based on this background, it gives you very little insight to come here on the forum and give your personal advice, when you readily admit you are clueless about how it's getting jobs within aviation.

Considering people on this post, are considering life changing actions in their life, that might have serious financial consequences for them, which would not apply equally to someone that is 21 -26 years old.

You probably base your observations on some websites writing about Ryanair hoovering up pilots etc., yet again this is not a luxury that older candidates gets much benefit of unfortunately.

Even if a company recruits 500 pilots in one year, there will be more than 5000 applications for those 500 jobs. And of those 500 jobs, they will go for a mix of experienced pilots and newbies.

The companies are desperate for experienced pilots, who they can fast track to command, because that is what the companies really need, Captains.