PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G'day mates.
Thread: G'day mates.
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2003, 07:23
pullock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just love to see the pilot ego in action.

Continental 520 do you really believe

If you should ever venture into looking at the training we undertake, you'll find that we're all in fact aviators, doctors, lawyers, meteorologists, physicists and mathematicians all rolled into one.

It's a pretty bold thing to compare yourself to all of these degreed professionals, what degree do you have??

A small understanding from many disciplines reminds me of an old addage.....jack of all trades..........

Quite often I get more than a tad impressed with the skill and dexterity of the pilots either side of me when they have pulled off a difficult landing that had me digging my fingernails in to the seat cushion, because I can't do it - but I could if I wanted to learn to do it. My admiration for this skill fades when it is tainted by pilots who think they are gods gift to the world, for you guys it's time for a reality check, take an objective look at what you do, it's just a job like any other only a lot more boring.

Go start your own business and earn millions of dollars by your own achievement, then you can hav an ego all of your own