PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2017, 22:12
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terminal Illness -

Many many congratulations to the incumbents up top running MA Plc on their latest achievement!

"Terminals 1 and 3 at Manchester Airport named in worst airport list", announced in today's press!

How the Bosses and Councillors must take great pride in this accolade bestowed upon them by their customers, on a job well done!

How can an Airport that really laid claim claim to be among the BEST in the world just a few years ago, take such a mighty U -turn?
Everybody else could see it happening, but no body in the Great Olympic House were listening. Nobody it would appear, in Olympic house had any foresight, as to how the infrastructure of the Terminals was deteriorating at such a rapid rate. Make-overs appeared to be the CHEAP answer. Well they've certainly caught a cold on that one. Everybody knows that CHEAP does not fix underlying problems and Manchester has had these since the late 80's.
No real investment at all in Terminal expansion since T 2 was built. T3 is a typical nasty piece of Cheapness, that the travelling public have to put up with.

An airport that puts Car Parking ahead of Aircraft movement flexibility - unbelievable!
An airport that openly discourages Air Transport movements because of lack of space - pathetic planning in the Nth degree.
Freight traffic being actively discouraged. You're not telling me that from 5 years ago when we had Cathay Pacific Cargo, Dragonair Cargo, Malaysian Cargo, Great Wall Cargo, China Airlines Cargo, Air China cargo, Jett8 Cargo and numerous add-hoc Cargo operations, that this has all stopped purely due to the economic climate and under-belly space? We now learn that Lufthansa Cargo are leaving and I bet Fed-Ex aren't too far behind them, as they all apparently take up too much valuable space - probably for Cars !
An airport that knows its taxiway infrastructure is crumbling but does little about it, excepting emergency repairs and the occasional re-build.
An airport that keeps on taking up more and more land building car parks horizontally instead of vertically.
How long is this current re-development of T2 going to take? 5 - 10 years - how pathetic is that? Don't try and tell me that there isn't any money around, it's as cheap as chips to borrow so we are all being told and has been for 5 or six years, so why hasn't the Plc been borrowing and investing.

I feel better for that, but sad that our once fine facility, that was in most part way ahead in its time for planning for the future, has dropped so far behind that the position is almost irrecoverable.

Very well done MA Plc. - almost as good a performance as NOKIA !

Right, I'm ready for the flak