PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2017, 19:06
jamesgrainge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't rise to any of that.

If a person can't afford it, they won't be able to start training anyway, rendering most of your comment moot.

I will readily admit I know very little of the world of job hunting in commercial aviation, but I do know that the things you regret in life are the things you don't try, how a person orders their responsibilities is a personal choice, and one they must take by themselves. I have tried to be nice and positive in my comments, but unfortunately you simply come across as one of the many here who are bitter, negative and careworn by their life results.

You could put your knowledge and experience to good use by presenting a balanced point of view, for instance I was taught by a FI who had kids and instructed in England. Late 30's and he turned down two job offers because of location, now flies a King Air. Training for command from the get go. Last week I met a man in the cockpit, mid 40's who had qualified 4 years ago and sits in the RHS of a 321.

It may take longer when you are older, but the market presents an opportunity at this time. It may or may not continue, but one thing is for definite, without the licence you have no chance of ever flying more than your imagination.