PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2017, 17:57
Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EnigmAviation
......as we all know, there must be standards set, monitoring, ..... It only requires one incident or fatality to take down such schemes and that's probably where a risk averse HQAC brought matters to a close.
I'll contribute here, but I guess I'm saying what many reading this thread are thinking. If HQAC were so risk averse, what were they doing with their own fleet of aircraft as they deteriorated into a non-airworthy condition? If they were so risk averse, why were they flying civilian schoolchildren in non-airworthy aircraft?

And if the answer to those two questions is 'they didn't know that their aircraft were non-airworthy', that just makes matters worse. Where were HQAC's 'standards'? Who was setting them? Who was doing the monitoring? To repeat - this is another major airworthiness scandal for the RAF, and it's high time it was properly (and publicly) investigated. All that's happened so far is a nice cosy internal admin process to jump over a few MAA hoops and a long drawn out (and no doubt costly) rectification programme.

Best Regards as ever to all those now having to fix the issues

Engines