PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - building your own aerodrome
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2017, 17:54
spRom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
spRom states that they are in "Europe" - which last I looked is a continent of 50 countries, about 2/3rds of whom are EASA members, and about half of which are EU members. All have their own laws, planning procedures, and police behaviours. Not all have the sort of friendly fluffy police we Brits are used to.

Goodness knowns why he or she doesn't want to admit to what country he's in - but that is their business. However, giving UK centric answers may not help much.

G
Genghis, I might have accumulated a few differences with interpol over the last few decades... But now I realize that with the current technology they can trace back my location anyways, what a time to be alive. Just kidding, I have read your replies in other threads of this forum and thank you for being here and sharing your knowledge.

I am Swiss but live in Spain, hence Europe. The aerodrome is to be located in Spain.

At first I didn't think there were many spaniards here, I now realize there is a spanish section, but more importantly I just thought this question had to do with EASA so countries didn't matter so to say, almost anything that has to do with aviation in Europe is under EASA I believed but I was clearly wrong.

I live in a somehow remote place of the canary islands, there is only one airport in this island, and the landing and parking fees are prohibitive.

Another option I was contemplating was getting my seaplane rating and either convert to floats or buy something with floats , is the safer choice as it gives plenty of room for a possible engine failure, there are hills everywhere in this island. Weather is usually very nice all year round but salty water might be a problem.

But the aerodrome option seems cheaper and faster to do after reading what you all have told me