PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair €10000 signing bonus!
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2017, 17:27
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fire and brimestone/aviation house...

you mistook my comment. it is not just about trying to crew an aircraft for today, tomorrow, even next week. they need to crew an additional 300 aircraft in the next 5 years, probably around 2500 pilots, and they have a huge attrition rate, from my personal experience just under 50% of my type rating having left or in process of leaving in 2 years from completing course is staggering.

It is clear now it is effecting them, when have ryanair ever offered to increase wages, offer bonuses or bond cadets!! They are not doing it for the own social responsibility! In fact the pay only ever goes down at ryan! (look at brookfield Vs Storm Vs The german bluesky agency).

For short term they are short staffed, people being carted about around the network left right and center, not just contractors but ryanair contract staff also, which traditionally they never did as the company would hotel them, far easier to send a contractor out of base to fend for themselves. Even flying in 120 cabin crew from dub to stn each day to cover shortages on the other side of the door.

I dont have an axe to grind, but when you see a company treat people the way they do, they have reaped what they sowed. For example, a colleague broke his ankle getting off the learjet, and was off for 3 months, as a contractor got zero pay. He broke his ankle at work! not like he was skiing or doing motorsports! have some human decency!

And, I never once mentioned that I do not think they are safe.