PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2017, 22:21
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powdair.

Do you think the 11 weekly flights from LCY to Sion will affect the SEN loads? I wonder what aircraft will operate into LCY? I doubt if the CL200 is suitable. With so many flights on offer from the London area, I just have my doubts.........
Just a guess but at some point consolidation will take place. If and when that happens there will be winners and losers

I`m not sure the Stobart model is very common at all.It is a most unusual model...they own the lease on the aerodrome,constructed all facilities inc the terminal & control tower & railway station & carparks they also control a lot of other ancillary spinoffs,even a recently advertised helicopter shuttle service is managed by Stobart Air & stand to be corrected the BizAv "terminal" is probably managed by them too....not of course forgetting Stobart Air itself the airline,currently engaged in a large push for pax at their own airfield...
While not as prolific as Southend many UK airports build all their own facilities. The difference is that those airports then lease the facility out to a third party and contract the staff in to operate those facilities again via a third party.