PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G'day mates.
Thread: G'day mates.
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2003, 04:42
Oz Ocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give us a bl00dy break, mate - for what we know!
Ya tryin' to make out that ya some kinda wise prophet or somethin', ace?
Exactley what do ya know, that ya couldn't learn to anyone in say 2 or 3 months?

Mate, it's a piss-easy job I reckon, clean air, warm in winter, an' nice n' cool in summer, an' ya don't have to get ya hands dirty like most of the run a the mill workers.
Ya get ya shirts supplied free an' a few little other perks - like cheap travel an' cushy hotels.

Hey, c'mon guys, don't try an' bullsh!t yourselves, let alone me an' the others. The job just ain't what it used to be no more is it.
Mosta them so-called "skills" ya got are hardly ever used in today's airliner. How many of youse have had an engine konk out on ya fa real?
Bugga all I reckon.
An how hard do ya REALLY work, when yar at work - I mean like usin' them skills? Usually you've got "George" plugged in, and ya jus sit there bored sh!tless 'til the landing.

Hate ta say it fellas, but in my opinion all of youse could be replaced by people like meself in a pretty short time, if the companys and the govament decided to go hard at it.
After all, why do ya need to train fer a coupla hundred hours on little aeraplanes, learning sh!t ya ain't gunna ever use again when ya fly the big buggas!
Jus' grab a bloke, an' stick him straight aways onto the biggie an' teach him how to handle that.
Saves him a bundle, an' the employer can pay 'im what he's REALLY worth.
Wake up n' smell the coffee blokes, there's lotsa folks who'd jump into that seat yar in fer a lot, lot less than there payin' ya right now. An' I reackon that's the way the industry headed.

Same with the bl00dy shielas dishin' out the tea n' bikkies down the back - an' don't come that smae cr@p about "for what we know". How long's it take ya' to learn the "for what we know (but you don't...yet)? A week or two may be..

I reackon give it 5 years, an industry standard wages are gunna have most of youse pegged around the same level as cabbies, truckers and bussers.
Nuthin' spiteful, ju me own opinion!

See youse round.