PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spirited Victor
Thread: Spirited Victor
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2017, 21:44
cyflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Reportedly to include the Victor, 2 Buccaneers, Canberra, VC-10, Jet Provost and Delphin
As indeed this was the case and the actual line-up. However, there were very few people attending, I estimate 100-150 people in the crowd, because the organisers basically made a c0ck-up. "Due to the unprecedented level of automotive commercial activity on the airfield at this time", the show was cancelled. When I parked up, in an empty field with half a dozen other cars, I thought, "what is going on here, this the same space as the previous show, where's all the commercial activity, the place is empty ?" The parking volunteer said, basically, they thought it was going to be busy and cancelled the show, then found that the commercial vehicles were moved, but it was too late to organise the full show again ! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. The good thing, we had an exclusive show to a very small crowd, I was much closer to the aircraft than would normally be, there were two runs of some of the aircraft, and the weather was glorious ! All in all, it wasn't bad day, not a total loss, and I'm glad I went. I would post some video and photos if I could figure how as the photo hosting sites such as photobucket have pulled the plug on free web hosting of photos. Will post when I figure it out !