PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bose a20 discount?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2017, 21:31
artschool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by destinationsky
Every now and again they do an offer where you get a "free" speaker. I got mine with a free soundtouch speaker and then sold that for £150. Does that count as a discount?!
yes that would count. I phoned them today but there are no promotions on at the minute.

the Pooleys discount doesn't work on Bose stuff.

Originally Posted by Marchettiman
Why buy a Bose headset anyway? They are in my view incredibly overpriced; for instance the most expensive wireless, Bluetooth equipped stereo noise cancelling headphones they make for home use are about £320 including VAT. Add a bit for the wiring and plugs, plus a mike and boom and I can't see a real value price of much more than £450.
I have flown with DC headsets in my aircraft for 40+ years, they never break, work as advertised and if you need parts they are readily available. And I haven't gone deaf (yet).
Too many companies seem to think the aviation market is not price sensitive. Think of how many litres of avgas a couple of Bose cost you compared to DC's!
yeah. thats a difficult pill to swallow. I can't see what the difference would be as well.

I am kind of going off the idea, especially as they have been out for a while and put be due for an upgrade?