PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this a good way to burn off extra fuel
Old 28th Aug 2017, 10:56
FlyingStone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In our SOP there is NO requirement to check any aircraft weight indication just prior to t/o, this would rely on fuel indications being dead accurate, which they aren't, and the ZFW being dead accurate, which it isn't. Using actual passenger weights are we? No! The legalities are covered by the load sheet, the performance is covered by the margin of error built in.
The thing is, you can't really check iz actual ZFW (as in actual cargo/pax weight, not loadsheet) is the within MZFW, but you can check if loadsheet ZFW + FOB is below MTOW, which I believe is legally binding. Otherwise if you are RTOW limited and wanted to take more extra fuel, you could just increase taxi fuel and still be legal?

Same goes for the MLW limitation I guess, loadsheet itself isn't enough, but you have to check that ZFW (from loadsheet) + actual FOB on landing is less than MLW.

Fully agree on the brake point though, I think anybody using brakes against thrust before departure on any type of aicraft should get some extra training.