PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 person Fightdeck rule
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2017, 22:54
A320ECAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotguy1222
A job as a CC is not difficult to get, and takes no preparation.
A commercial airline pilot job takes a lot of money and a lot of time to get, IF you can get it. Who's to say this psycho can fly in the first place. It is also a numbers game. Chances of a looney CC or pilot? I know where to place that bet.

99.9% of the CC aren't going to be able to stop anything anyway, and after this incident, there won't be any male cc in the flight deck when I step out.
I don't know the details of what happened but the only way of putting this issue to bed once and for all is that the flight deck is given it's very own lav which is separate and isolated from the cabin. Until then, two persons must always be in the flight deck because the pilot may commit suicide. There have been many pilot suicides in recent years, especially MH370 and Germanwings. But even before that there have been many cases! So the only solution... have another body in the flight deck when one of the pilots leaves. That person has to sit in the observer seat (or stand if no observer seat is installed).