PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA (UK) PPL to FAA Conversion Question
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2017, 12:37
Fire and brimstone

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nebojsar
115 hr for 8500USD is excellent offer. Can you send me some link on pm. I would go there maybe to get PPL and do FAA IR.

Does anyone know if these exists?

On the basis most pilots have to sit for hours, every working day, with little or no opportunity to move about, one assumes there are some issues.

Is this data published?

Has anyone seen it?

Perhaps it is especially pertinent for pilots, as most other industries have stipulated mandatory rest breaks. Pilots generally don't get these (I am assuming conducting walk-around check either once or twice in eleven hours does not constitute a proper break).

As 'sitting' is the new 'smoking' I argue it is reasonable for pilots to be made aware of the risks?

Thanks.

I've just done literally a few minutes research into this, and it's thrown up information I have never been made aware of.

E.g. Links between illness and sitting as far back as the 1950's .......... London bus drivers were TWICE as likely to have a heart attack as their bus conductor colleagues.

Prof. Biddle: "Essentially the body is 'shutting down' while sitting and there is little muscle activity. (Obvious).

......... accelerated bone loss, muscle loss and ageing.

I've never seen this on a job advert for pilots - usually they just mention pay and number of weeks holiday.