PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this a good way to burn off extra fuel
Old 27th Aug 2017, 10:50
Check Airman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Band a Lot
Check Airman - show me 1 procedure for "Riding Brakes" in any manufactures manuals.

Any anyone intentionally caused excessive wear on anything - they should pay for it.

Hire a car and do a bunch of burnouts - expect to pay for it! The invoice will read something like " tires - excessive wear on rear (could be front).

regarding 3) So lets say temp range is 10-15C and it clicks over to 16C as you were about to go - what is your procedure? Not asking if information is readily available or not.
Show me where it says you can't ride the brakes. Like I said, it's not unheard of over here. Different philosophies I suppose. Filing a report would be seen as a gross overreaction to that technique.

Regarding the OAT, if the temp goes to 16, we simply request new data over ACARS. It shows up within a minute, we insert the uplink, and off we go. Is it much more complicated than that at your company?

And no, we can't just decide to go 500kg over MTOW. THAT would warrant 2-3 different reports. I find it curious that taking off above MTOW doesn't seem to bother you, as long as it's only a little, yet taking off with brakes in the green does. Where's your line when it comes to exceeding MTOW? 1000kg? 1500kg?