PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways (HELP)
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2003, 20:16
SENIORJUNIOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will it ever change.

I have to agree with monoxide on this one, I really dont think myself or other crew are so dim that we dont realise that GB is a business and as such the final outcome is to make a profit as we did in the last financial year, however its the front of line staff and i.e the crew and flight deck who delivered the final product.

It was the crew who smiled gave the service required and were probably still smilling on that 7th day they worked for crew shortage reasons!! So why oh why are we the ones who get treated with the lack of respect or concern.

We aint happy bunnies, yes we appreciate we have to work, its our choice we chose to work for GB Airways, our crews are worked like a pack of dogs, however if in the real world we were a pack of dogs I am sure GB management would have been reported to the RSPCA for ill treatment.

GB crew are knackered working their arses off for the now somewhat " charter pax " we have discovered due to the " bums on seats culture we have adopted !! So now not only is there little respect from CS there is less at 35,000ft for the delightful pax....... why dont we just go all the way !! lets do night flights ibiza!! lets go charter !! we would all be better off we now work for a charter ailine in BA fancy dress pretending to be something we are not..... but with the cost cutting the cracks are beginning to show in the product we are delivering. The only thing that pax notice that us as crew are a far happier bunch in the cabin than BA's crew and why? cos we all have somesort of missplaced loyalty to still deliver regardless of appreciation of the managment.

Moral is at an all time low and getting worse, think the penny should drop and knock someone out in the beehive. Your experince is working out the door, oh yes they can be replaced by anyone off the street ( judging by some they were ) but where is the experince at 35,000ft when things go wrong, experienced staff need to be kept they are the ones who will be holding things together in emergency. Stop being so short sighted start treating that experince with respect and credit it deserves.

Its all about give and take, all we ask is for recognition and some reward for what us guys do out there, there are individuals who excel, a lot of people who work there arses off and karen & jackie do not even know of their exsistance, if we all wanna be numbers let BA have us, aint the greatest place but at least ya will be a number and your managers will have bigger things to worry about than a scratch on your shoe or a little heavy eyeliner ......... anyways enough for today catch you guys at the beehive.

Think when we relocated from Gib to LGW we brought some monkeys with us!

Where are they now?

Answer:- GB Management thats where!!

Last edited by SENIORJUNIOR; 7th Sep 2003 at 21:52.