PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2017, 22:02
showgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mindy4631
louu, caragrace and Erissah congratulations on your progress! so exciting. I couldn't attend the 19th or 20th July AD as I wasn't in Melb yet but I have been emailed twice since then from Virgin saying they don't have any other AD coming up but I will be invited to the next one. Do you all have any tips/advice for how the AD went for you all and what it was like?
Hey mindy4631, I agree about it being relaxed. I came prepared with some very honest answers about simple things like an example of times in my career that I have had to problem solve etc but other than that I felt pretty unprepared compared to others - there were some girls there from other airlines, some who had worked for virgin before, and some who hadn't worked in the industry but seemed to have an answer for everything. There were a lot of girls that really pushed for their opinion to be heard and to have a strong answer for everything. I am from a totally different career background and have never done a job interview of this kind in my life. About half way through the day I felt unprepared and out of my league. I felt like I did the best I could, but didn't think it was enough. BUT --- I made it through all the subsequent phases, waiting on ground school now. I truly truly think they know the right things to look for in terms of personality and the WAY you respond to questions rather than the actual response. I think they are fine for you to be a blank canvas for them to mould. Anyone can google Richard Branson and rattle off facts. (Though I didn't think to do that lol) So ,y ultimate advice would be to just breathe, be a happy, positive and cohesive version of yourself, and probably whatever flows will be ok if you're right for the job (my interview answers were a rambling mess)