PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet pilot issues
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2017, 21:58
OATNetjets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can confirm that during this summer some pressure has been received by crews on the phone during the duty, to help them make the decision to either work into their day off or exercize discretion, when this would lead to flights being cancelled.

I can also confirm the new Policy whereby a captain will have a meeting if a flight is cancelled because of his/her decision not to push beyond the limit (agreed FTLs and working into day off).

The pilot union of Easyjet pilots based in France wrote to management to require them to stop this. No answer in 3 weeks. Thus a press release was delivered to force the company to react. Well done in my opinion, as this can not become an accepted practice. Of course in the UK such action would be borderline, but it is good do see a union stand-up firmly against Something unacceptable.

Now I have heard that some meetings are to be held between the company and different unions this month. I hope common sense will prevail from management.

One last point about the title of the thread. I have seen / heard some interviews on TV with pilots from the SNPL Easyjet union: they have never said that flying with Easyjet is Dangerous. They claim it could become if pressure is exercized onto the pilots and therefore they ask upper management to react to ensure that Easyjet remains the safe airline it has always been.