PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virtual Aviation & Titan Airways Cadet Scheme.
Old 24th Aug 2017, 20:07
portsharbourflyer
Educated Hillbilly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Apologies for the thread drift but I have a few responses to give.

P40, no one suggested the hours requirement should be set as high as 1500, as said in the UK CAA pre-JAA days self improvers (the equivalent of modular had to obtain 700 hours to obtain a full CPL), so somewhere between 700 -1500. Secondly P40 I see your location is Germany, apologies I know little of the German GA scene, but I would say while the GA scene in the UK is not as big as the US, I would say there is still moderate enough GA scene here in the UK to support an hours build requirement. There is in-fact quite a demand for instructors at the moment. Secondly if OAA and CTC went under the subsequent demand for modular training would soak up the instructor work force. OAA and CTC are not the only employers of instructors, there multitude of small flying schools across the country (in the UK) are probably where I would the majority of instructors work anyway. CTC and OAA wouldn't go under they would revise the business model. You are right we will never see such a thing in Europe because the large ATOs have too much influence and money talks.

So none of your counter arguments hold as far as the UK is concerned. No I am not suggesting this from self interest, airline flying doesn't interest me it is repetitious and exhausting.

Variable Pitch: Actually there is a lot of benefit in all industries of experiencing the working field from a lower stand point, so yes a trainee Doctor who has spent some time as a porter would have a better understanding of the workings of the Health service. Look at Train drivers, the unions have artificially protected the conditions hence Train Driver salaries have remained high. So while the FAA 1500 rule was introduced in the interest of safety

Mlambin, Ghandou, it is a gamble if you can't afford to lose 7k then don't do it. 7k would be better spent on something that you know will gain you something useful.

Sorry but if the scheme really had the candidates interest at core intent, the price of the JOC and MCC should have been enveloped into the subsequent training bond.

So while it may represent a good opportunity the underlying tone is revenue generation for a third party.