PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dinard closed for Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2003, 16:44
Say Mach Number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I am about to say does not excuse not reading the notams but as with everything there is the other side.

As for the 45 min report yes its tight but in reality because of the professionalism in Ryanair most Captains and FOs are nearly always there 1 hour before and more.

I myself ending up holding at one of our airports in Germany due ATC being closed early one morning. Yes I did read the notam but we pushed back early, several directs from ATC and stonking tailwind before we knew it we were arriving 10 mins before the airport opened even with slowing down. S**t happenens. Might this have happened in Dinard?

As for this low cost divorce material rubbish. I like being in my own bed every night and I enjoy even more my guaranteed 3 days off every week. Been in FR 5 years dont know of any divorces yet. Several divorced pre Ryanair.

Even better no night flights saw Air 2000 crew going through Enterprise House about 2330 one night to start work. NO THANKS.

Considering the amount of flying we do and the multi sector days that go by without incident or problem then perhaps the critics of the Dinard crew will give us credit where due. Somehow I doubt it though.