PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2017, 12:05
pabely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW Airlines

Steady on boys, if did not offer my Location, would you say the same?

I did a little research and there is very little about the new route published out to the media, the new US flights announcement by WOW are not linked at all to STN and using their booking engine from US, it directs you to LGW, not STN by default.
It is only the Stansted media machine which as done that direct link, not WOW, that is their job. I remember a similar thing done by LTN Media about El AL and connections to Far East but the airline themselves have never plugged.
STN Media Quote "including Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco and Montreal" None of these appear in the WOW Booking engine so I assume they left long before the STN arrival even departed UK!
The WOW CEO Quotes "It’s a big day for WOW air as we launch flights from Stansted, our second London airport, plus services to these four new US Midwest destinations." You do appear to be able to catch those same day though but I think he was happy making two separate announcements the same day.

As for the flight timing, early morning slots anywhere in London area (to complement their existing London schedules) are a premium, if they could get them at STN or LGW I'm sure they would jump at them.

Anyhow, I wish them luck and won't bother to comment again on this thread on what is a reality in the London market.