PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality of ATSB reports getting worse?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2017, 02:19
First_Principal

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts
While you're all busy criticising the delivery, how about thinking of the message and the audience?

If a major job of such a report is to inform, then it's told a fair story - particularly to newer recruits to GA. Unsubtly we can see from this:

(1) What can happen when the juice runs out
(2) That Cessna's and other craft with similar fuel systems can effectively cross feed between tanks when not level
(3) That the end result of (2) can mean you end up with far less fuel than you originally thought
(4) That some tank and filler siting mean that you may never fill a tank properly if the craft is not level
(5) Before taxiing out on a longer jaunt check you should check your fuel levels with a dipstick (on a level surface!)

Personally I've often wondered when reading of similar issues why more people don't do (5)?

As to the quality of the report, well we can all do better, and if I wasn't being the devil's advocate I might have a negative comment or two, but in the end it's the same old story that's only been told hundreds of time before in hundreds of such reports so perhaps they've just run out ways of saying the same thing

FP.