PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA Narrowbody order
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2017, 01:09
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
The only time I've seen the Screaming Skull affectionately quoted was here on pprune with the mood supporting his purported " It's a take-over, not a merger. KA pilots to the bottom of our seniority list ". This was a squandered opportunity for both pilot groups. I think the CX pilots are already paying for this and the KA guys are just a few years off due demographics and the dominant contract.

To make my point in previous posts clearer, 10 years after the take-over of KA is this what you expected? I don't know, as cxorcist point out, I'm not good at math, but would you have been happy with 100 commands at KA, some or many the result of expansion over your scope clause protected routes?

OK, let's move forward another 5-10 years if the Group survives ? Will CX pilots be happy with what they are seeing? As I said a year or two ago, KA's training system will change, not so creatively, but heads will roll ( as they should ) if the pass rate doesn't improve drastically. KA is now being geared up for continuous training and expansion and its potential cost base is a significant factor as is its ability to change.

I'm all right Jack, pull up the ladder, if you're a senior CX captain. But junior, mid-range CX pilots should be worried. And in the window I've asked you to consider, there are hundreds of pilots not even in the Group who will probably do their commands at KA over current CX routes - yeah right, straight to the bottom of CX seniority list!