PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2017, 21:23
pilot9249

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dobbo_Dobbo
I don't think this is an unreasonable interpretation, but I don't think it's accurate.

Delta "leaving" the market to VS was about expansion. More capacity to JFK and new routes to BOS/SFO. It doesn't sound like SFO/BOS have been doing as well as expected - TCX are attacking VS - but they are back next year. The winter cutbacks to ATL and JFK to something like 3/4 weekly. Getting these routes back to daily in winter should be a key objective, but overall they have been building, and we wait to see what affect the JV with AF/KL has on this, if any.

UA are in an interesting position, particularly in light of their recent retrenchment in the U.K. It looks like they are pulling back into LHR, with EDI and MAN having routes to EWR. Would they bring the 763 to MAN and EDI?

AA have obviously struggled but it's surprised me that ORD seems to have survived. This on the B788 and PHL on the A332 should provide them with the platform to succeed on those routes. Whether success here would lead to anything in the future I have no idea.

Obviously, as more routes become viable direct from MAN, BA's shuttle will become increasingly less competitive and one day they may become vulnerable.
Not confident about increased winter frequency for VS to JFK.

Just paid 1500 quid for roundtrip in J.

About 200 of that was taxes (real ones, not the YQ stuff the airline keeps)

Been buying J on this route for 20 years and don't think I ever paid less.

Ho-hum.

Last edited by pilot9249; 23rd Aug 2017 at 21:52.