PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virtual Aviation & Titan Airways Cadet Scheme.
Old 23rd Aug 2017, 13:05
jmvdb22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P40Warhawk
In my opinion everyone who wants to do pilot training should do before starting that a study which might function as a backup.

So from 18/19 till 22/23 you go to college or uni. If only from then when getting a job you start to save for 5-10 years you are almost even a bit late with starting aviation career. Then around 30 finished. Then fly 5-10 years this well paid GA stuff and gather slowly hrs means you are around 40 when having 1500 hrs. Let alone the fact that AGAIN there are almost no SEP MEP Biz Jet jobs or FI jobs to gather those hours. As mentioned before. Even for skydive dropping here in Germany they require 500hrs TT.
Totally agree on this, I have not yet started my plan b, but I might next year or the year after. I'm pretty sure to be able to do something I like to do with a good salary, but I'm still hoping to live my dream.

I think if I started with this I might have never started flight training, I am happy that I did start with it as plan A.