PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax sue Boeing after DXB Accident
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2017, 17:33
KingAir1978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Odins Raven
They would be worried about getting fired/final warning for landing outside the touchdown zone, irrespective of how much runway was remaining. You have to put yourself in the mindset of a pilot operating in that working environment to understand their willingness to use Airmanship. It all depends on natural personality and how much one has to lose... very easy for us all to second guess an action/decisn from a comfy armchair with all the evidence at hand.
Odins Raven, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear in the initial post. What I posted was what I would do, had I been the lawyer. It was an attempt to show how incompetent I deem this lawyer.

For myself, I wholeheartedly agree with you, the angle that will NEVER be looked at, is what influence the attitude of management had on the mindset of these pilots. I'm of the opinion that the blame culture, that is so common in the middle east, plays a big role in this accident. Yet, it hasn't even been mentioned in the preliminary report. I therefore believe that it won't even be looked at, by the investigators.