PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet on TV
Thread: Easyjet on TV
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2017, 11:56
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Kremmen
Viewers are being shown the various stages of Easyjet crew training on a weekly program featuring scenes both in the air and on the ground.

The last episode showed a 20 year old, very bright young second officer doing a stint in the cockpit while returning from Toulouse in a 737 accompanied by a dozen other trainees and supervised by a training captain.

At a point during the flight the captain turned to the bright young thing and said: "
"Do you know we're over the Bay of Biscay ?"

The BYT looked nonplussed and said:
"What's the Bay of Biscay ?"

I'm thinking that my next holiday will be at home.
Oh bah humbug ya grumpy old bar steward, I actually took away a different message from watching what I think is a great show. That BYT is the same age as my son and I always fret and worry about my son out driving on the freeways and whether i should send him on errands or do it myself just to be safe. Watching those very skilled and wonderful young professionals made me realise that if that 20 year old BYT can touch and go an airbus my kid will be just fine taking all 5 litres & 402 horses under the hood of my German engineered pride and joy down to the liquor store to pick me up a pack of fags and a sixpack of Corona

They grow up quick! IIRC i read somewhere the average age of a US combat soldier in Vietnam was 19.