PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific posts worst first-half loss in at least 20 years
Old 21st Aug 2017, 20:18
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pucka
Traf.. yes.. sadly as an old git..I do look forward in a strange way to reading the friday fire lighter…and equally sad..I get a buzz to read the mentored, steered drivel from the ADFO and AT's plastic propositions..and yes.. I can recall the Bcal days..and the way their arrogance shone through a neophyte HR dept.. in the best way they could couch to the troops that.."all was well'..but ultimately, the saddest of all in this theatre of industrial comedy, where the principle actors were appointed, not by merit but purely by circumstance…that they believe their methods are sound and the train remains on track..and NO amount of disclosure, discourse , forum reality will detract their course.. and yes Traf..waiting for the train crash.. front seats if you will….
The key to surviving a train wreck is:

1. Be willing to jump.

2. Be ready to jump.

3. Jump at the right time.

You can figure out if you want to be Sam Webb or Casey Jones.

Casey Jones DID get a nice plaque and a cool song written about him (as well as a public commendation by ICRR and some heroism for supposedly having his hand on the whistle and brake at the time of the collision possibly mitigating passenger injuries on the other train; then again the legend may be embellished as legends sometimes are--and if he'd not been going so fast to begin with he might not have found himself in the situation he got into. The ICRR accident report though would dump liability onto Casey for supposedly ignoring a flagman warning which may not have actually happened. Webb would assert until his death that no flagman was visible and no flares were apparent or fired).

Sam Webb survived with a broken shoulder and lived until the ripe old age of 83.