PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 407GXP v. H130
Thread: 407GXP v. H130
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2017, 18:24
neptune2528

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
407GXP v. H130

I am a comparatively low-hour pilot lucky enough to be in a position to expand my love for flying into full ownership. Eventually, I would like to own/operate a twin; probably an H135 or H145. However, all of my time to-date is R22 & R44. As such, it looks like I will be accumulating hours for a while in a single turbine before moving on up.

Since I think I would end up trending towards an Airbus twin, I started looking at Airbus singles and specifically into the H130. It seems to be a wonderful machine (hoping to go down for a demo flight in a couple weeks). However, the 407GXP has some advantages to the H130 (mainly cost, optional autopilot and more advanced avionics). The lady prefers the club seating of the 407GXP as well, so that too must be considered.

Overall, I like the redundancy of the FADEC and hydraulics of the H130 (and it seems like if I do go H135/145 it would be a plus to be within the Airbus product line from the start). However, I like the layout (to keep the other half happy), avionics, autopilot option and cost of the 407GXP...and it seems more important to have the turbine time anyway rather than OEM familiarity, particularly when the H130 doesn't even use the Airbus Helionix (yet?).

I would be interested in anybody's feedback one way or the other on the issue. Other than the items specified, it seems like they are two fairly comparable machines.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Last edited by neptune2528; 21st Aug 2017 at 20:59.