PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climb predictions on ND vs MCDU page (A320)
Old 21st Aug 2017, 12:24
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pfvspnf
You must be a real charmer during your line training
That was during my line training as fo when I did not know anything about Airbus. I never argued with any instructors or any line captains. My training went smooth thank you. I'm now captain and Instructors with common sense will never say anything if I'm using V/S during climb when the buffet margin is wide. I'm a pilot not a robot. I use the automation and all the tools Airbus has to offer while fully undestanding the consequence if something goes wrong. Yes using Climb mode is safer but does not mean using vertical speed is dangerous.

Originally Posted by hph304

Gotta love the guys that are afraid of using V/S on the bus... I don't really think the constant pitch changes are very comfortable.
Oh my god thank you. At least one guy to support me. Tired of people afraid to fly close to VLS or green dot speed. If you inadvertently goes into VLS you won't die, you will have a reversion mode. You don't have to do anything. Lol. Gotta love the guys also afraid to use expedite mode at low altitude cause the target speed is Green dot. Funny how those people forget than when they are flying in the sim on single engine they fly at green dot speed....

Last edited by pineteam; 21st Aug 2017 at 12:35.