PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climb predictions on ND vs MCDU page (A320)
Old 21st Aug 2017, 03:23
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your answers guys.
Vilas, thank you. I read that also. Not much from the Fcom..
I tried Yesterday quickly during climb. I pull V/S: +2000 ( it was in CLB with a VS of about 1100') And the TOC arrow on the ND moved backward and the distance to TOC was pretty accurate. On the MCDU performance page on the other hand, the TOC distance remained unchanged.

Originally Posted by pfvspnf
V/S is not a good mode to try and do that fyi:|
I don't want to open a new debate. I heard that so many times during line training. I do agree at high altitude on an heavy aircraft with tigh buffet margin, definetely not a good idea. But when you still below FL300 in smooth condition, using vertical speed is not a problem as long as you monitor carefully your PFD. Just keep a safe margin from GD speed. I quite like it actually especially when you have to reach an altitude in a certain distance or time.. If I set 1000'/min passing Fl220 climbing Fl320, I know in 10 min exactly I will be at Fl320. Add 1 or 2 min for safe margin in case you will need to reduce it to keep speed above VLS. Cause in Manage speed at 300kt+ how many times the plane pitch up and down to maintain the speed and V/S often falls close to zero. Kinda annoying. = )