PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad trip with Qatar No Reasonable fix for flight home
Old 20th Aug 2017, 17:51
zzuf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bad trip with Qatar No Reasonable fix for flight home

Just flew Perth to Doha, economy with Qatar. Both thought the flight excruciating for a number of reasons, some self inflicted, others airline inflicted.
The main self inflicted problem was not researching how uncomfortable 10 abreast seating is in a Qatar 777, and how much discomfort is caused by having a fully reclined seat ahead in ones face for 12 hours. The airline added to the discomfort by moving me from my pre-selected window seat to the centre of the three seat block.
Anyway, the flights home seem to have plenty of spare seats at this stage, so to avoid a re-run I contacted the airline to find:
1. Buying a third seat for a three seat block was not permitted;
2. Buying an upgrade to BC is not permitted;
3. Buying an extra ticket for my wife or myself (on a new booking) is not permitted (to gain a three seat block);
4. Cancelling our non refundable economy booking and re-booking in business class is permitted.
While I am pretty well over air travel, I thought that this was a new level of perversity inflicted by the airline, on passengers, just because they can.
Or am I missing something in that it is better for the airline to fly an empty seat than accept cash from a long suffering pax who would really like to have the seat?