PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin crew landing an airliner?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2017, 14:12
SpannerInTheWerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reaction of my wife and friends over the years is the 'overwhelming' sense that they experience when they see a jet flight deck for the first time - "how do you remember how and when to press all those buttons" is one common comment.

The reality, as we all know, is that we tend to only be concerned with one 'button' at a time ...

Overcome the 'wow' factor (which a 500-hour pilot with some sim experience probably would) and you have a chance.

The possibility of a 'lager-drinking' non-flyer taking control, somewhat limited to say the least in my view.

The comment about sim technicians flying the simulators is interesting - I have been told that is the case in the past - because they 'fly by attitude, numbers and settings' and as a machine the simulator always follows their commands exactly.

So the idea of a sim technician taking over control is possibly more likely to achieve a successful outcome than cabin crew ... maybe ... ?

Last edited by SpannerInTheWerks; 20th Aug 2017 at 14:13. Reason: added text ...