PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Guard Police & The Guard Children
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2017, 09:09
captainpaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Guard Police & The Guard Children

Hallo all,

I was intending to go on here and have a very long, expletive ridden, yet soothing and therapeutic rant about these two classes of aviators:

The Guard Police - without whom all kinds of accidental transmissions on 121.5 would have been discovered by the ones who made them anyway - and who also appear to have no working knowledge of VHF radio range.

and

The Guard Children - who appear to have such terrible upbringings and incredibly dismal and unfulfilled lives outside of aviation, that making silly noises and such on frequency is akin to them of the maximum sexual pleasure that they obviously are unable to attain with other humans on the ground.

I do remember a time when I would giggle and laugh at rude words and silly noises and oh how I miss them those days! - the joy of passing idle time so easily and escaping the hum drum of a world I didn't really understand. Those days left me about 30 years ago - and I'm in my 40's now....

I still fall victim to the 'Guard Police' syndrome every now and then though - beeping the horn on my car when there wasn't actually an imminent risk of collision. It serves no purpose whatsoever, but it's a loud noise and it makes me feel better.

Once, I would rather come on here and complain and chastise these masses. But it seems now that sex has actually found them after all as they appear to have multiplied in number quite dramatically recently - The comparison to rabbits is accurate not only with reference to brain mass it seems.

So, I thought to myself, rather than rant and rave, why not make an attempt to better understand these pilots? I mean, rabbits are people too ya know? And the rate they seem to be breeding makes me worry I might be left behind.

And hence at last comes the invitation:

To all among you who tremble with excitement when you hear the breakthrough of another transmission on 121.5, or the polished professionals who kiss the wife goodbye after they have packed a little electronic kids toy in their flight case for later use in a quiet cruise - Come hither! And explain the logic behind what you do, so that others like me can better understand and perhaps even join in with you next time.

Sincerely yours, a soothed and counselled,

CP