PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 20th Aug 2017, 01:24
SLFstu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In response to Old Carthusian's most recent post you wrote:
Originally Posted by BluSdUp
You are not an Airline pilot are You!
And you do not understand how things work in the industry,do you?
It must be confusing for you.
Disclosure - non-pilot opinion. Oh and I work in a life/death safety critical industry too. I signed up knowing that if I stuff up, people may die. And a known consequence is being tossed out of the gig.

Old Carthusian is calling for the crew’s heads to roll because mistakes were made that should not have been made by competent drivers. Is it relevant whether he knows “how things work in the industry”?

As a pilot you do of course, and we know what you mean because in earlier posts you said you hope that AC and the union take care of the 2 pilots. You know that only with an understanding employer and a protective union will these guys’ jobs be preserved. You yourself have banged on and on that there is no excuse for what these guys did.

Here’s some of your choice language pertaining to the incident, excerpted from your 18 posts, crafting a picture of what you called your “rather harsh description of the crew”:
…“near disaster; pure madness; fire chief pilot and head of training; this mess; FAA overdue for a big one; no excuses whatsoever; incompetent crew; it is simple, positive identification, always; severe incompetence of the crew; crew should get new glasses; aghast; conveniently developed amnesia; too lame; selective memory, at best; so there is no excuse now; my money is on complacency.”

What is there to be confused about?

Last edited by SLFstu; 20th Aug 2017 at 01:58. Reason: Added bold to username