PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular MEP/IR/CPL in the US
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2017, 18:56
avi_fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modular MEP/IR/CPL in the US

Hello Everyone!

I'm new here so forgive me if I doubled some questions. I read others topics but I still don't know what to do.

I'm 28, I live in Poland and I have a PPL licence which I got this year. I dream about career in aviation and am going to start ATPL theory soon and the next step will be modular course MEP/IR/CPL in next year.

I thought that if I done it in the USA, which let me practice my english and acquire an international experience, maybe in future it return to me and will help me to find a good job in Europe. The problem is that I have never been in US so I have a lot of doubts that it's good idea to go there, finally I can finish all this courses in Poland/Spain or other EU country.

My main questions are:

1/ I know that I have to convert my EASA PPL to FAA PPL, is it complicated? How much it cost?

2/ If I find flight school will I get a student visa? How long can i stay in the USA? Can I participle in english courses and flight courses in the same time? There are any flight school which can you recommend?

3/ I heard that a flight training in the USA is cheaper than in Europe, is it true?

4/ There is a possibility to do also a Flight Instructor licence and will obtain some experience in the USA like a flight instructor, before i will back to Europe? That's my idea for a distinction from a group of pilots with about 200h tt + CPL who are recruiting to the airlines.

5/ If I arrive to the US with passed all ATPL exams then it's included and my courses are faster and cheaper? (Do I only practice?)

I will be very very grateful for all opinions and advices.