PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 19th Aug 2017, 12:35
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
OC

You conveniently forgot to mention Yeager in your attempted riposte...was that an inconvenient truth?

Anyhow in an earlier post you stated:

OK my flying experience is limited to grass airfields so I don't know commercial airports
Then in a subsequent post state:

Seriously there is no excuse for trying to land on a taxiway instead of a runway.
I'll leave that observation hanging, others may care to comment.....

As for
You make sure that you do your best because other people trust you with their lives.
.... It's probably unlikely the crew in question pitched up at report for the duty and said to each other "lets not really do our best tonight"...in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the A C pilots actually thought they were doing their best.... as they came down the approach..

Not offering excuses but have you seen any of the Human Factors/ Human Perception videos others and myself have alluded to in this thread? I ask because it can come as a nasty shock, even to seasoned aviators, even in the calm of class room, to realise that in certain circumstances what you think your perceive may not actually what is out there in the real world, staring you in the face.