PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aiming for 50% Gender Spilt in Interview Candidates
Old 19th Aug 2017, 00:11
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard
It's not the airlines, but have a good look at this (particularly the recommendations pp. 11-20): http://www.defence.gov.au/FOI/Docs/D..._Documents.pdf
I knew that document existed. That's the first time I've read it. How very sad.

To actually state that they aim to instigate a "no fail" policy for females illustrates just how ridiculous this gender diversity nonsense can get.

Instead of reaching a required standard, you're given more flying and are only scrubbed after extensive extra coaching, mentoring and training and then only under exceptional circumstances.

What would happen in the hypothetical situation where a female pilot is sent solo, against the wishes of her instructor and after significant additional flying/coaching/mentoring because the instructor is pressured to do so?

This hypothetical "pilot" then rolls it into a ball on the threshold and kills herself. Who's responsible?

Don't get me wrong. If the women reach the same standard set for the men to achieve then they absolutely deserve to be there. Lowering the hurdles for women only does nothing to help anybody. Including the women involved.