PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2017, 19:34
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carousel
The screens you are referring to have been changed to generic " Welcome to Stansted have a happy day and spend lots of money " for several weeks now, for the very reasons mentioned. In addition they want to put another WHS in at that spot.
Where on earth will they put it? Although I am not surprised that WHS get yet another airport spot. They seem to be the default UK airport fall back. Can't find anyone else silly enough to pay rent space in the terminal? Well WHS will sort that out!

I was through STN about 6 weeks ago. I experienced the exact same problems noted by others. That area before the duty free store is a bottleneck and one they seem to have made intentionally for reasons unknown. Surely they want to encourage people to get out and about the terminal, at least to the main holding pen area. Why did they even think it was good commercial sense to put a screen there when they know that people in airports immediately lose all intelligent thought and will just stand and gawk at a giant screen awaiting further instructions? That screen has probably lost them millions in missed sales when people wander away and realise, perhaps too late, they have missed out on a huge shopping mall!