PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2017, 15:16
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pholling
It's a loss but not a loss, depending on the time window you look and from whose vantage point. If you are high status BA/AA it is a loss. For most others, the situation is still better than before TCX jumped in. Outside of J class, TCX's product is comparable with the legacy network carriers. Also, they do provide a onward feed at JFK via JetBlue.
Actually, I agree with these points from a UK originating passenger perspective in terms of premium pax on the one hand and economy on the other. My reference to LHR was in the context of premium pax but I can't comment on the Terminal transfer aspects if you were connecting to AA rather than BA.

However, as well as passengers, how should it be considered from MAN's perspective? It is the loss of a prestigious destination by a US legacy even though New York is currently served by 3 other carriers, one at least of which has decent premium products.

Perhaps MAN takes the view 'you win some, lose some' and as it has been winning significantly more routes than losing them in recent years, I acknowledge this, by itself, will probably not be regarded as a major set back. Given the additional capacity to NY, especially by TCX, I doubt it would come as a great surprise either.

Last edited by MANFOD; 17th Aug 2017 at 15:31.