PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2017, 10:26
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaps1954
To be honest who is going to fly American when they cannot offer a service level to match their name,
I agree about service levels but the fact is that quite a lot of people are still flying with them, at least at certain times of the year. Over the last few weeks, their flights have been pretty busy, including JFK, as you would expect. Whether pax were using AA by choice or because other flights were full, I've no idea.

But I don't go along with a notion that implies 'well they are rubbish so good riddance'. When they operate the B767, they provide 28 J class seats in a 1-2-1 format (newer version) and even if AA were not getting the take-up or yield they wanted, those Business Class pax will have to find alternatives. Hopefully, those pax transferring in the US will use PHL or ORD as mentioned by Dobbo, who I think sums up the position regarding TCX influence very well. Others may opt for better service and comfort from / via Heathrow. Those not in loyalty / frequent flying programs may switch to VS/DL from MAN.

But I don't subscribe to the idea that AA to JFK isn't really a loss.

Fortunately, MAN has produced plenty of good news in recent years.