PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2017, 23:10
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wowzz
Every time I read that STN pax numbers are up by x or y %, it gives me yet another reason to avoid using it. I know there are expansion plans, but the place is bursting at the seams already, apart from the shopping mall of course. Much better to have a chance to buy perfume than some seats.
The car park debacle is another symptom of unmanaged expansion. I will continue to drive another 2 hours to LGW in order to avoid STN.
Yep, I can't say I disagree with you. I rarely use STN but when I do I'm finding the whole passenger experience is sliding into the gutter.

Airport security queues are ridiculously long. Now more and more are choosing to buy fast track security but now even that is getting jammed up too.

Then that bloody zig zag Ikeaesque aisle excusion through duty free is littered with passengers attempting rat runs to the left and right through concessionaire display areas to avoid the passengers who insist on crawling through the duty free 5 persons abreast and blocking up the place.

Though good selection of restaurants and coffee / sandwich places before the next squeeze on the expedition hike to the gates, with escalators and travelators out of service.

The lack of short,mid, long stay capacity is the icing on the cake.

I'll be avoiding using STN for a few years until they deliver better passenger experience - can do without the hassle.