PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 16th Aug 2017, 22:17
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by going_up
haha! The silver lining to EDCT's! my 110 credit average does not take into account of time and a half penalty rates and the 5 weeks off this year. I have found it to be pretty good money here at Skywest and at most regionals. Looking forward for the upgrade in a few months!

Just curious, are you loading up your schedule and timing out often in order to get such high credit? 140 hours is working it really well! Good on ya! The most i've hit was 150:10 in a month. It was nice! It was only dues to getting displaced and picking up a 20 something hour four day on top.
Yep, kinda like counting cards. Gotta keep the deck stacked in your favor.

I'll time out due to delays, then I'll be removed from flights due to timing out. Then I'll lose flying due to flights cancelling, then I'll go back and pick up the original flying at OT rates plus m my original line value because I now have spare hours up my sleeve (essentially triple dipping). That's in conjunction with bidding lines with transition conflicts etc

There's also some lines with 20-21 days off crediting 75-82 hours. So plenty of opportunity to do an extra 4-5 days OT at 200% which block 20-30 hours (credit 40-60) and still have half the month (hard days).

It's kind of funny, it's almost like playing a chess game with crew scheduling which in itself can give more satisfaction than the flying itself.

Last edited by havick; 17th Aug 2017 at 20:58.