PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 16th Aug 2017, 14:25
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
As an FO at Envoy I'm crediting 140-150 hours most months (actually flying about 90-100) and still have about 11-12 hard days off each month. I usually trip trade to get an 8-9 day block off in the middle of the month but that's just personal preference.

Once I hit my 1000 hours part 121 I will upgrade and credit the same amount of time with ease given the crew shortages here USA wide.

Almost all the regionals are like this and it's only going to get better on the pay side. It's not unrealistic at all to be earning 150k USD + at envoy within 2 years of starting. I'm sure Piedmont is the same along with a handful of other regionals.

To me the flow to mainline and east coast basings played a big part in choosing envoy. At status quo I should flow to mainline under 5 years from joining envoy if not sooner, and that's assuming I don't get picked up outside of the flow somewhere else. That being said I have a green card and as such are eligible for the flow through, it's a grey area for E3 holders whether they can also flow
through to mainline AA. It hasn't been tested yet, technically it can happen but realistically I think ALPA will shut it down just like they did with Envoy hiring E3's.