PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 15th Aug 2017, 22:49
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by ...still single
I disagree.
The best regional for an E3 applicant is whichever one suits the individual.

I fly for Gojet (who also accept E3 applicants) because I like their domiciles, and driving to work is a big plus (versus jumpseating to work). Piedmonts bases of Philly, Roanoke and Salisbury are not places I want to live -nothing against them, just not my 1st choice.

Others may may want to fly the E-175 or live on the west coast (Skywest).

Horses for courses.
Are you on an E3 or were you already living in the US prior to working for gojet? That makes a big difference on the points you touched on.

I think the biggest points that really count for an E3 person is:
1) travel benefits (are they mainline benefits or bottom of the list contract airline). Try going back to Aus or bringing family over to the US on non mainline travel benefits and see how many days you get bumped.
2) pay
3) upgrade time
4) live in base. This is easy no matter which airline they work for as they have no roots anywhere in the US in the first place so driving to work will be easy to do no matter which airline they work for.

You are right though everyone will have different priorities/circumstances I'm just pointing out to be wary of people getting you on board simply for the referral bonus and bump in seniority.