PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 15th Aug 2017, 22:13
underfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbubba
I can see where you don't know enough about flying a plane to understand the explanations above from the A320 drivers. It's kinda technical.
I can see why you cannot understand that I was saying the exact same thing....you can do it, and it is not that technical, I do it all the time. As I stated, that is for flight validations, not in the commercial environment.

Pretty damning article...

The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and Air Canada hindered the investigation of last month’s near-catastrophe at San Francisco Airport by dragging their feet in the aftermath.

As a result, key evidence from the cockpit voice recorder was erased and the pilots were never tested for drugs or alcohol. It’s a bureaucratic cover-up that conveniently protects the federal agency and the airline involved.

It was business as usual, despicable behavior on the part of Air Canada, which refuses to answer questions during the investigation, including whether the pilots have since been grounded.

Editorial: Air Canada, FAA hindered probe of SFO near-miss

Last edited by underfire; 15th Aug 2017 at 22:42.