PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 15th Aug 2017, 13:07
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And, as explained in previous posts, the ILS is not normally tuned on this approach in an A320 since there is FMS guidance to the runway and it is difficult to display raw ILS data in the 'bus without switching approach modes.

Are you now saying the FMC guided them to the wrong runway/taxiway? I don't think you mean that, but as I've said, the FMS, no matter what kind of 'Bridge' approach they flew, brought them to a point where they then would took over visually to align themselves with the landing terrain. People have said they were not GPS equipped, so there could have been map-shift perhaps, but either way the last 4nm was visual alignment. If they did not have an ILS tuned, then they had PAPI's and full runway + approach lights for visual guidance.

There is still a mystery, and we are churning this around and around. Surely by now there are enough known facts from the crew, AC & FAA to publish a definitive report. There were no deaths and everyone is available to state their case. Have I missed it, or has an interim/final report been published. Sorry if that is the case.