PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 15th Aug 2017, 00:18
going_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by havick
Anyone that is interested in the E3 in the USA should first ask anyone here on pprune recommending a company whether they're receiving a referall bonus (usually 5k) for getting an applicant on board. Then make your own deduction after that.

As it stands right now the best company in the US for an E3 visa applicant is Piedmont. I fly for Envoy (on a green card), therefor I can make the recommendation of Piedmont totally un-biased as I don't work for them and as such don't receive a 5k bonus cheque for getting bums on seats.
For me to get a referral bonus, I wold have to send you an email link, you would then need to apply via said link. Its not actually 5k at all if one were to refer a pilot at Skywest, its much less than that. My recommendation is to apply directly via the Skywest website, and feel free to ask me questions regarding life at Skywest, whats the real deal, etc. Speaking of bonuses Havick, I know for fact that yourself can receive a referral bonus IF you have contact with the people in Piedmont's HR. That being said, in the interest of all fairness, I do not know if you have such contacts, but I know it is possible. I know this because I was called from two different regional asking me about my experience with the E3 and how it was accomplished over a year ago. Of which I confirmed I was on the E3 visa, and nothing more as these airlines snubbed me big time when I approach them back in mid 2015.

For all potential future E3 pilots in the US, Skywest has the most E3 visa pilots in the US, the first ever E3 visa pilot, and a wonderful training program. I won't BS. I found out that Piedmont has got their act in order and can process E3 LCA's. Which is great to see. Why are certain airlines offering massive sign on bonuses? Yet Skywest is not? Sort answer, the company's reputation fills classes! Any Australian pilot with common-sense could put two and two together ask the same thing! Why would a company offer massive bonuses if they are already a great place to work and have pilots knocking on their door? Skywest is filling classes and we are not hurting. It is truly a wonderful place to work, and I am proud to be the first E3 airline pilot in the US with a big thanks to Skywest.

I am curious Havick, this is a honest question btw, but why are Piedmont having real trouble filling their classes? Buddy of mine joined Envoy not long ago, Envoy's classes seem to be going fairly well.

I'm trying to remain objective here, but if you want to know the ins and outs of SkyWest and the E3, email me. We already have 30 plus E3 holders online and working.